4 oz.°Cheddar Cheese
3 oz.°Cream Cheese
4 medium°Jalapeño Peppers, de-seeded and chopped
1/2 tsp.°Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp.°Onion Powder
Salt and Pepper°to Taste
- Get all ingredients ready. Measure out all cheese and grate as needed. Prep the jalapeños by seeding and chopping them. Save 1 jalapeño that you can cut into rings as a garnish for the top. Preheat oven to 375F.
- Par-cook bacon so it’s semi crisp but still pliable. Save bacon grease in the pan.
- Using a hand mixer, mix together eggs, cream cheese, chopped and seed- ed jalapeño peppers, leftover bacon grease, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease wells of muffinstin, then place par-cooked bacon around the edges.
- Pour egg mixture into the wells of the muffin tin. Make sure you only go about halfway to 2/3 way up as they rise quite a lot. Oh!°This is the reason you only see 3 muffins in the following pictures – I overfilled the first batch of 12 and they turned into Frankenstein muffins.
- Add cheddar cheese on the top of the muffin, then a jalapeño. Cook at 375F for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven to let cool. They will slowly deflate and give you a great treat.
- Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 12 Jalapeño Popper Egg Cups.
Each Egg Cup comes out to be°216 Calories, 19.3g Fats, 0.9g Net Carbs, and 9.6g Protein.